In the world of software programming, it helps to have someone on your team who is an expert in all trades. Thus, they can help in the various stages of development, and have the knowledge to help their team in all aspects. When it comes to web development, that role belongs to the Full Stack Developer . This is not a back-end or front-end developer, but someone who handles both: a “Full Stack”, so to speak.
In this post, we will see in more detail what a full stack developer is and the knowledge they should have – something you can acquire by studying a Bootcamp in Web Development at the European University.
Functions of a full stack developer
A full stack developer is someone who works with the back-end, or server-side, of the application, as well as the front-end or client-side. This is why they must have some skills in a wide variety of coding niches, from databases to graphic design to UI / UX management to do their job well.
Some of the features of a Full Stack developer include:
- Helping with software design and development
- Write code for the front and back of the software
- Design user interactions in the web application itself.
- Creation of servers and databases for the back-end of the software.
- Ensure cross-platform compatibility and optimization
- Work with graphic designers to design new features
- API development and RESTful services
- Keep up-to-date with technological advances to optimize your software
- Communicate the effectiveness of emerging technologies with other teams within the company
- Consider security, maintenance, scalability
Front-end vs back-end vs full stack web developers: what’s the difference?
Since we have explained the main functions of a full stack developer, since we have mentioned front end and back end tasks, before continuing, it is important to explain the difference between each profile.
Back-end developers: They work with the application’s server and database. Create the post framework that allows front-end development to exist. Use tools like Python, Ruby and PHP. Store user information in the database.
Full Stack Developers: Multidisciplinary web development skills involving front and back end. Handle the overlap between the front-end and the back-end. Use all the coding languages ??of the first two plus MySQL, machine learning, and more. Take responsibility for the entire experience to make sure it runs smoothly.
Tools used by Full Stack web developers
Since full stack developers should have knowledge of all processes, they need to control enough tools to execute their daily tasks. These are some of the tools and programs that you should know about:
- Back-end programming languages ??such as Python, Ruby, and PHP
- Version control systems like Git and GitHub
- APIs like REST and SOAP , as well as protocols like HTTP
- Database storage solutions such as JSON, SQL and NoSQL
- Graphic design and visual communication skills.
- Apache or nginx servers
What to study to be a full stack developer?
A web development bootcamp, like the one we offer at the European University, allows you to acquire the necessary skills to develop complete web applications. We know that you will have personal and professional commitments, and that is why we offer the bootcamp in an intensive format. In just 14 weeks, you will be trained in a sector with high employability and that will continue to grow with technological advances and the need to evolve in each company.
As experts in the technology area, if you are still not sure about being a full stack developer, we also offer a wide portfolio so that you can continue to acquire new knowledge. We also have bootcamps in web analytics , blockchain and data science .
If you prefer the option of studying online to be able to combine other commitments with your studies, we also have a Data Science Course and the Online Web Analytics Course.