In the Shadowlands, the world beyond the mortal realm, a new purpose awaits the souls of Azeroth: to ascend, atone for their sins, to be reborn, to fight an eternal war, or to suffer an eternity of torment. For the millions of World of Warcraft ® players around the world, the journey to fulfill their destiny in the afterlife begins today with the launch of Shadowlands , the eighth expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s globally acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
In World of Warcraft: Shadowlands , the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance will face the mysteries of death as they enter the realms of the afterlife. On their journey they will forge a momentous pact with one of the four forces in control of the Shadowlands, the Curiae , whose supernatural power will help them face the forces of the Jailer, the malevolent entity that dominates the hopeless depths of the Maw. . Players’ determination will be put to the test as they fight to save lost souls from the Jailer’s watchful eye and as they journey through the labyrinthine corridors of Torghast, Tower of the Damned., where horrors imprisoned long ago await them … and also legendary rewards.
The launch of Shadowlands follows a series of changes to WoW ® designed to make it easier than ever to join in the fun for new and veteran players alike. On the island of the Edge of Exile, newbies will find themselves in a fantastic introductory adventure where they will discover what it takes to be a Champion of Azeroth and includes missions to test the abilities of their chosen class, as well as a mini-dungeon of two bosses in which to practice the fundamentals of group play. When they leave the island, they will be able to continue in the game’s latest expansion, Battle for Azeroth ® , where they will progress to level 50 as they prepare to enter the Shadowlands.
As has happened in other expansions, players who want one of their new or lower-level characters ready to cross the threshold of death right away can use the character boost for Shadowlands that is included in the Heroic Edition and the Epic Edition of the expansion or can be purchased separately (as discussed below).
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is packed with content and features that offer players new ways to discover and chart the fates of their characters:
- Explore the Warcraft Beyond – Discover the wonders and horrors that await the world beyond the veil. Ride through the colorful fields of Bastion, enter the gothic peaks of Revendreth, discover the crossroads of destiny in the Eternal City of Oribos, and much more.
- Pledge allegiance to a curia: Join one of the four curiae of the Shadowlands. Each of them has a unique campaign and characteristics, and will grant a wide range of powers to those who join their cause. Choose from the brave Kyrians of Bastion or the proud Venthyr of Revendreth, fight for the mighty Necromancers of Maldraxxus, or seek renewal with the wild night sylphs of Ardenweald.
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned: The most evil souls in all of existence are imprisoned in Torghast, an otherworldly prison run by the terrifying entity known as the Jailer. It is an ever-changing dungeon challenge that can be carried out alone or in groups of up to five players, where those who pass the tests will get materials to order legendary equipment engraved with runes of their choice.
- And more …: face the watchful gaze of the Jailer in the Maw , where the challenge becomes more complicated with the passage of time, forge bonds of souls with key characters of your curia to share their characteristic powers, choose how to restore glory to the tabernacle of your curia… Shadowlands offers you something totally different from anything you’ve ever experienced in World of Warcraft .
Choose your path to the Shadowlands
Players looking to begin their journey to the Shadowlands can pre-purchase the expansion for Windows and Mac today at www.worldofwarcraft.com. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is available in different editions so that all players can have whatever they want:
- The Shadowlands Base Edition ($ 39.99 digital version only), consisting of the expansion only, offers a more basic starting point compared to previous expansions.
- The Shadowlands Heroic Edition (€ 54.99, digital only) includes the expansion, a character upgrade so new or lower-level characters are ready to enter Shadowlands right away, and the Eternal Wyrm Mount. The latter includes access to a quest chain for players to obtain the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set.
- The Epic Edition of Shadowlands (74.99 €, only digital version), includes all the content of the Heroic Edition, the mascot vermizo bore, the bore chilling cosmetic effect for weapons, hearthstone of the eternal traveler (incorporating a unique visual effect) and 30 days of playtime.