For what reason?
During this month there are several international days based on human rights, such as International Migrants Day, that of people with disabilities or Human Rights Day. In addition, also in December, the Global Humanitarian Outlook for 2022 and the report on migration 2022 are published.
Conflicts, lack of security and access to justice continue to be a threat to sustainable development, according to the latest data recorded by the UN, in 2018 70 million people had to flee their homes to escape a conflict situation. To successfully achieve the goals set by the 2030 Agenda, governments need to be supported by effective and inclusive institutions that provide education, healthcare, a fair economic system and protection for the environment.
Goals of SDG number 16
Some of the goals for which SDG 16 is working are:
- Reduce all forms of violence and related death rates.
- End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violenceand torture against children.
- Promote the rule of law and guarantee equal access to justice for all.
- Reduce corruption and bribery in all its forms.
- Provide legal identity for everyone, including birth registration.
From the European University we encourage you to take a look at our volunteering page , see the initiatives with which we are collaborating, the experiences of our volunteers and encourage yourself to collaborate with us!