Double degrees are gaining popularity in Spain. According to statistics published by the Ministry of Education, the number of double degrees grew by 152% in the six years between 2012 and 2018 (from 345 to 872). Almost a quarter (22.5%) of all undergraduate degrees in Spain today are double degrees.
But what are double degrees? And what are the advantages of studying a double degree? In this post we will see what it means to study a double degree in Spain and how the European University can help you achieve your goals.
What is a double degree?
A double degree is the combination of two simultaneous university degrees, pursuing a single career. The subjects are usually closely linked, such as Business Analytics and Business Administration and Creation or Physical Activity and Sports Sciences and Physiotherapy, which allows you to receive a broad overview of different sectors and subjects, but linked so that you are prepared and have the skills necessary to be successful when you enter the professional world.
What are the advantages of studying double degree programs in Spain?
- Learn as much as possible: If you are interested in journalism but also fascinated by international relations, choosing between the two might be impossible. But with a double degree in Journalism and International Relations Madrid , you will have the opportunity to make the most of your university career and study two areas of interest at the same time.
- Gain a competitive advantage: Studying two subjects can not only help you see each one from a new perspective, it can also make you a more desirable candidate down the road. This way you will have an advantage over the competition by having extensive knowledge in two areas, and equal more experience than other candidates. When employers review your resume, they are likely to be impressed by your strong work ethic.
- Experience different things:Tackling more than one topic at a time will give you exposure to different industries and opportunities, making it easier for you to decide what you want to do in the future. This is valuable both in terms of gaining practical experience in your chosen field, as well as in terms of narrowing down your options by eliminating industries that are not a good fit for you.
- Networking: Studying two different degrees also means having additional opportunities to network. You are likely to develop more personal relationships with your professors (as students typically reach out to those who teach for their major) and you will be able to connect with students from both areas of interest. This means that your social and professional networks will be greater than those of your peers and your chances of finding a job after finishing your studies will also be greater.
Study a double degree at the European University
At the European University, we offer a broad portfolio of double degrees – 21 in total. And there are options for all areas of interest, such as the Double Degree in Audiovisual Communication and Advertising , Double Degree in Pharmacy and Nutrition, or the Double Degree in Computer Engineering and Videogame Development .
In addition to offering you double degrees in various areas of interest, at each of our campuses, we have options to choose from. In Madrid, you can choose from a portfolio of 15 double degrees .
In the Canary Islands, we have the following programs:
- Double Degree ADE and Law
- Double Degree in Business Administration and Tourism in the Canary Islands
- Double Degree in Business Administration and Marketing in the Canary Islands
And in Valencia you can choose between the following options:
- Double Degree in Industrial Organization Engineering and ADE
- Double Degree in Law and International Relations
- Double Degree in Psychology and Criminology in Valencia
- Double Degree in ADE + Marketing
- Double Degree in Criminology + Law in Valencia
Our academic model is based on experiential learning. As a result, throughout your stay with us, you will have access to first-rate facilities such as the simulated hospital, the production control and TV set, the community pharmacy, the Human Performance Research Lab (HPRLab), Digital FabLab, and much more.
Not only that, but you will have opportunities to complete internships in leading companies and organizations in their sectors, offering a vision of what the professional world is like and developing the necessary skills for a successful future. Our faculty is made up of professionals and experts with years of experience in their field, which means that you can learn from the best.