NVIDIA has surprised everyone by releasing two new videos showing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War from some of the next generation graphics technologies. The first one focuses on showing the game with ray tracing on and off, while the second does the same with NVIDIA DLSS.
In the first of the trailers, users will be able to see how the shadows derived from the sun and the local lighting, as well as the ambient occlusion, vary when using ray tracing. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War incorporates ambient occlusion generated through DirectX 12 Ultimate ray tracing , local shadows, and RTX-accelerated sunlight shadows for a more immersive gaming experience.
Leading NVIDIA Technologies
- Raytracing: both ambient occlusion, local shadows and sun-derived shadow effects are generated in real time by ray tracing.
- NVIDIA DLSS – Employs trained artificial intelligence to increase frames per second while maintaining visual quality.
- NVIDIA Reflex – Lets you measure and reduce system latency, resulting in faster keyboard and mouse response and improved interaction.
- NVIDIA Ansel: Allows you to take photos within the game and easily share them on social networks.
- NVIDIA Highlights: In multiplayer mode, this technology automatically records the highlights of a game so that the user can later select and share them.